Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Used To Be Me


Today I took my little sister to this festival run by YMCA and her after school coordinators. They had a bunch of performances done by little kids, and the first one I really enjoyed. A bunch of little kids just kinda jumped around and moved their hips to some hula choreography that they weren't really expected to follow, because you know the main purpose of them is just to be cute. :) And that they were! Especially the girl on the super far end who totally did NOT want to be there. It was hilariousss! xD Everyone noticed her too because she was just standing there looking really angry with her arms crossed. She didn't move the whole time except to roll her eyes! SOOO CUTE.

And then I realized why I loved it so much...and it's because I was ALWAYS that girl. When I was a kid I never wanted to participate because I thought everyone was an idiot and I didn't want to be one too. Sometimes I still think that, but I don't really care what people think of me anymore. It's always more fun to participate anyway :) I think now I'm the total opposite, I'm more like that guy on the left xD I remember graduating from high school and going to our IB Dinner Dance thing. My AP US History teacher played us that "I Hope You Dance" song by Lee Ann Womack and told us that no matter where life takes us, she hopes that we dance, and actually do things rather than just sit around...since you know, you only live once. I really live by that now. I'll basically try anything once because nothing lasts forever, no matter how embarassing it is, and also usually when I'm doing embarassing things, people around me don't even know me, and those who are my friends will still like me no matter what I do :)

Anyway. That cute little girl brought me back. I could completely feel her pain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I admire your frequent posts. I guess I get lazy at the scanning stage, lol. This sort of reminds me of Lilo and Stitch in a way :)

    ReplyDelete