Monday, September 10, 2012

Sketching for Animators and Illustrators Week 2

So 2 weeks ago I started taking Marshall Vandruff's Sketching for Animators and Illustrators class at Fullerton College... and let me tell you... it is AMAZING. I feel SO PRIVILEGED to finally be taking a class (not a seminar... a 16 week class!) with Marshall :) It's only week 2 but I have already learned so much, and I have a feeling I'm going to be improving a lot in the next couple months with what I'll be learning this term... it gets me all giddy inside! :D

Anyway. Here's an in class exercise we did...a study of one of Frank Thomas' pencil tests, "The Laughing Gauchito." It was really fun :) Each of these were about a minute or two each. I'm going to be posting a lot of studies from Marshall's class on here in the weeks to come to track my progress.


This class is REALLY making me want to animate! ARGH! Especially because we're going through the Richard Williams Animator's Survival Guide DVDs. SOOO GREAT.

Here's the pencil test the study is from :D

No comments:

Post a Comment