Saturday, August 1, 2009

WOW I Actually Made A Blog?!

Sooooooooo.....I aactually made a blog! This was on my list of "things to do over the summer", and frankly I am getting tired of writing down lists and never finishing them. It happens all the time...and it's a shame because I love checking off lists! Sigh. But yeah...I finally did it and I'm proud of myself! Time to check off another box! =D BWAHAHA!!! Although I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to start telling people about this. Probably when I stop being lazy and decide to make my own layout. And probably when I get back enough into the drawing mood to post some things that I think are worth posting. Hopefully that happens because I've been a bit discouraged lately. I came across this term today... "despired." I think it explains me perfectly. Being around so many talented people, and seeing the works of so many talented people, hugely inspires me while at the same time depresses me to no end. I always think that I should just quit now because I'll never have the skill or the talent to measure up to such greatness. I'm trying to get that notion out of my head and think more on the positive side...like you know, if I don't try then I won't get better. I remember I used to love drawing soooo much until I got "despired" I guess from being on DeviantART too much. That was years ago...and I feel like what little skill and potential I had has just withered away into oblivion. I somehow need to pull that back and get serious with my life.

Guh.

But first...I NEED A COMPUTER!!!

And I gotta set up my scanner so even though I don't have a computer I'll still be able to maybe put up some sketches. =) Not having my own computer is kinna nice. It gives me time to do things that I used to do before becoming totally immersed in this digital age. SO WHAT IF I CAN'T DRAW WITH MY TABLET RIGHT NOW?!?! THAT'S WHAT PENCILS AND PENS ARE FOR! Geezus.

I feel so lame.

It's like I forgot how to correctly use a pencil already. Trying to get used to it again...having a little moleskin notebook helps though. It's makes me feel important. And creative. =) So hopefully great things come out of that thing.

Anyways. Now on the phone with Brian...haven't talked to him in ages. I've been on the phone way too much lately. Argh. At least I'm finally making use of all those rollover minutes =D Haha.

Excited for later. Gonna have a Star Wars night. >=D

No comments:

Post a Comment